Monday, October 8, 2012

Off to Oregon We Go - Day 1

I love going to the Oregon coast to see our family.  It is really fun to see the kids playing with all their cousins, getting together with our family and there is so much we get to do.  I always look forward to going there.  We made our yearly trip over there for labor day weekend.  We left on Thursday night after work and drove to Portland.
(I had the kids pick out toys to bring and put it in a bag, I had no idea what they picked. While I was driving Greg tells me to look in my mirror at Jayse. He'd brought with him one of his mask and had put it on. So cute, love my little guy.)
It was almost 1 in the morning by the time we made it to Portland and we still had 3 hours left to drive so we decided to stay the night in Portland and drive the rest of the trip the next morning.  We stayed in a cheap Motel 6 and the kids thought it was the greatest thing ever.  It was their first time staying in a hotel.  After a huge battle with Jayse trying to get him to take half an adult tylenal for his legs hurting we all settled in and went to sleep.
We got up early in the morning and made the rest of the trip.  Right as we got there Greg wanted to go out crabbing.  So him and his dad got the boat out and LaRee and I took the kids to the beach.  Greg, his dad, Braydon, Tyler & Ashton all crabbed while we hung out at the beach.  The weather was really nice, even warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment