Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our July Fourth

Since the Fourth was on Sunday, Melba's celebration was on Saturday. We got up early and took the kids out to the parade. Jaelee hated the loud noises - car engines, fire trucks, horns, motor bikes & and anything else that makes noise. Both the kids did enjoy running and picking up candy. After the parade we did one loop around the food & craft booths and then headed home for naps before the fireworks.

We went back out to Melba for the fireworks and got there a little later than I wanted and the grounds were full of people.  Luckily we found our family and they had just enough room around them for us. The kids had so much fun playing before the fireworks.  When they let off their test firework Jaelee covered her ears and kept it that way for a while.  When the fireworks really started she covered her ears and hid in my chest and closed her eyes really tight.  She does not like the loud noise.  Jayse didn't seem to care for them.  He just sat on Greg and looked around.  Sometimes looking at the fireworks and other time he was just people watching. 

It was the first year I actually remembered my camera during the fireworks.  I tried to get some pictures of the fireworks but these do not do them justice.  They are awesome.

I was so excited that we got to celebrate the Fourth for two days.  On the actual fourth we didn't do much but hang around the house but at dusk we went down to the park in Meridian and watched some more fireworks.  I was super excited to see how they stacked up to Melba's because in my opinion Melbas are the best but I am a little biased and I hadn't really seen any others.  Jaelee again covered her ears and hid.  I even asked her if she wanted to open her eyes and see the fireworks and she told me NO.  We got eaten alive by mosquitoes but it was a great time and they did have some pretty neat fireworks but not as good as Melbas.


No comments:

Post a Comment