Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Fun - Tons of pictures

We are so happy that summer weather has finally arrived.  We have been able to have a lot of fun.

My mom had a knee replacement surgery and was in the hospital for over a week, while she was there my brothers watched the kids - and are still watching them (THANK YOU brothers).  As a thank you (well sort of we got the tickets for free) we took them and the twins to the Speedway to watch some race cars.  Jayse LOVES anything to do with cars and he watched the cars some of the time but a lot of the time he was playing with his own little car running it along the bench seats.  Jaelee of course hated the loud noises and covered her ears in the beginning but then I think she got used to the noise and she ran around like a wild woman.  After the races we went to the pit and looked at the cars.  All in all it was a pretty fun night.


We also went to a local water park.  I had been talking it up saying it had an area for the kids and a water slide but I hadn't been there in a long time and I forgot it didn't have water deeper than 3 feet - so it was not so fun for my brothers.  The big boys did manage to find fun in plugging holes in the fountains to make one blast with water.  The twins really liked it.  Jaelee watched her dad go down the water slide and then she wanted to go down it but was too little.  After playing in the water for a while we went to the park next door and had a little picnic before heading out to my grandparents.

We bought the twins some nets that can be used for catching bugs or fishing or playing swords or hitting each other with.  So my brother and I took them out to a field by our house so they could run around with their nets.  I also wanted to work on taking photos at sunset.  I love the silhouette photo I got of my brother holding the twins hands.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a water park for kids like that around here . It would be a great way to cool off. The silhouette photo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete