Monday, June 1, 2009

1st Birthday

The twins celebrated their first birthday on May 21st! Jayse couldn't eat any solids yet so we didn't do much. My mom came over and sister and we let them open presents and that was it.

(Jayse excited he got a shovel)

(Jaelee reaching in for more presents)


At the last minute we decided we wanted to have a party for the twins because Jayse was getting his arm splints off and was going to be able to eat again. So Tuesday night I was making invitations and planning their party for Saturday. We took the twins outside and put them in the hammock to get some pictures for their invitations. Trying to get a picture of the two of them both looking at the camera and smiling is almost impossible so after almost 30 pictures we decided to just do single photos.
(this was the best photo of the two some)




Saturday came and it was time to party. My mom, sister, grandpa & grandpa, Aunt & Uncle Harker, & my cousins Robyn & Jack came with their kids. We had a lot of fun. The kids went on the slip and slide, played in the kiddie pool, and jumped on the trampoline.






We had a lot of great food, bbq'ed hamburgers & hot dogs and I made 2 cakes. I was so excited to see the twins dig into the cakes. Jaelee didn't really like it which didn't surprise me because she doesn't like to get messy. She liked it when I fed it to her and she didn't have to get her hands all dirty. Jayse just dug in and made a big mess, I loved it! We took the high chairs outside so we could just hose them off when they were done and not worry about a big mess inside. It was a great day and I am glad we decided to have a party and thank you to everyone for coming. I can't believe the twins are all ready a year old. I love having them in our lives and am so proud to be their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment