Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Living Room Camp Out

After the kids fair we had a living room camp out.  Once we made our tents I decided to also make the kids some pillow mattresses to go with them.  I just got a sheet and four pillows and sewed it together, I got the idea off my newest obsession, Pinterest.  Tutorial for the pillow mattresses is here: http://norestforthecreative.blogspot.com/2011/08/pillow-mattress.html

Since the kids had tents & mattresses we decided we needed a camp out in the living room.  Greg was at a friends house so the kids and I had the camp out.  I got some glow sticks from the dollar store that we cut open and splattered on the inside of cleaned up pickle jars.  Idea also from pinterest.  We then settled in for a movie and popcorn.




 

 These pillow mattresses have come in so handy lately.  We have used them on many occasions.
The next morning Greg made us a delicious breakfast.  I found the recipe for this also on my pinterest, it's from Martha Stewart living.
I thought it turned out pretty good.  Greg said it would have been better if we didn't use turkey bacon and used "real" bacon.

That day I also worked on another pinterest craft.  Everyone is going to get sick of me talking about pinterest but man you can find the greatest ideas, inspiration and tutorials on there.  Anyway I tried the yarn balls.  I loved how they turned out but I have no idea what I am going to do with them now.  I think they will make a cute back drop in a picture but it needs to stop raining around here before I can try that out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment