Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This Weekend

This weekend it was finally pretty warm, we were outside for most of the weekend working on yard work getting ready for spring.  We also got to see my brothers and mom as they came by before my brother headed down to Utah for spring break.

We have this ugly bush in our front yard that was so overgrown it was covering half of the side walk.  I have been asking Greg for at least a year to get a hedge trimmer and trim it back.  He finally got one so we spent a lot of our weekend cleaning up the yard and still aren't done!

The kids were helping with picking up the leaves.  By helping I mean playing and throwing them.


I also did a few crafts I found off pinterest :) of course.  We got our Easter decorations out and I used the eggs on a couple branches from the yard as an Easter tree- idea from pinterest.  And I have been wanting some cupcake/cake stands but am too cheap to pay $40 so I found on pinterest a way to DIY some.  I made three.  They are stacked on top of each other but came be separated.  I am still debating on whether or not I want to spray paint them a pretty color like I saw on pinterest.  I'm kind of liking them the way they are.  And the best part is they each cost me about $3 dollars!!!

Tutorial for stands here: http://www.joyshope.com/2010/06/carnival-of-tiered-trays.html
(ha you can tell in the background I still haven't printed off pictures to fill my frames on my beautiful shelves)

It has been raining a lot here and we have seen some pretty rainbows.  I was finally able to get a picture of one in the background with the twins.  I can't say enough about how much I love they hold hands or hug each other every time I want a picture of them together.  It's AWESOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment