Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Weekend - Monday

Monday we were sad that we had to head home we had so much fun.  Greg got up early and went salmon fishing with his dad and brother and when he got back we headed out on the road home.  I took a picture of the elk from the car as we drove by the elk viewing area.
We stopped in Salem to visit Greg's grandma, who sadly is now in an assisted living home due to Alzheimer's.  I am so glad I got to meet her a few years ago and talk to her.  My mom worked in a nursing home when I was younger so I knew what to expect but not Greg.  While we were visiting with his grandma there was another woman who took a fancy to him and kept rubbing him.  I know I shouldn't of but all I could do was laugh.  Greg's grandma looked like she was doing well but didn't talk much.  Our visit was short since we had a long road ahead of us.
 We stopped at a Burger King and the twins loved the crowns.
Our next stop was in Hood River to visit his grandma's sister, Aunt Elaine.  She is such an amazing woman. She has the best memory.  She has lived in the same home for 74 years.  It is like a time capsule.  The home still has the original paneling on the walls and the metal keys in the doors.  I just love it.  I could of stayed there all day photographing her home.  The twins were a little rowdy from being in the car a lot of the day so I took them outside and took some pictures of them and some flowers.
We arrived home at 2 in the morning and had to work the next day but it was so worth the trip.  We had so much fun and I am so glad this year the weather rocked and we weren't sick (and make everyone else sick).  Thank you for the great weekend everyone!  And LaRee I am working on a CD of all my pictures for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment