Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Trip to OR 2011

We made our way over to Greg's parents in OR the weekend of June 17th. His sister Sharlee and her family were vising from Georgia and we wanted to make sure we were there while they were. It was my first time meeting them and Greg hadn't seen all of them in years. It was great to finally meet them and I felt like I all ready had because Sharlee has a great blog that I read often.

On our way there we stopped to see Greg's, great Aunt Elaine. I have mentioned her before but I just love her. When we arrived she had laundry hanging out to dry, I just love seeing her little house with a lot of it's original character. The twins as usual were a little restless in the house after sitting in the car for hours so I took them outside and played in the yard. Then we got our dog, Bo out and went for a walk around the block. I love the neighborhood she lives in, almost every building is a different color and right out her front door she has a beautiful view of Mount Hood.  Along our walk the twins found a puddle to throw rocks in.  I didn't get cool pictures of the buildings or the view because I was too busy with our dog & the kids but here are a few.....

And then we were on the road again.  We bought some screens to put on the back of our head rest so the twins could watch movies.  It was AWESOME.  It is hard to entertain them for that long and having the videos really helped.  Here they are relaxing, watching movies & coloring.
We woke up Friday morning and ate big foot doughnuts.  It is a must when we visit.  They have a little bakery in Reedsport called the Sugar Shack and it has all kinds of delicious pastries.  The big foot doughnuts are a maple/chocolate bar only bigger and filled with cream.  YUMM.
 
After everyone had their sugar fix and we all got ready we headed out to the Oregon chain saw carving competition.  It is amazing what people can do with a piece of wood and a chain saw.  There was this one that blew me away.  It was an octopus and the carver had the little suckers and texture on each of the arms.  It was cool.  The twins had their first taste of cotton candy and they didn't really seem that interested in it.
After we checked out the chain saw competition we went to the beach. It was windy but the weather was sunny and fairly warm. We had the boat out there and took turns going to check on the crab pots.
Ryan was awesome at spotting little creatures.  He found little jelly fish, which I don't think I ever would of found and small little crabs.

 
 
 We caught crab but none of it was large enough to keep. :(
 
They're first sand burial...
Saturday there were baseball tournaments for 2 of Greg's nephews.  It was so fun watching them play.  I can not wait to watch my kids play sports.  First we watched one of Braydons games.  He was doing really well but the team was down a couple of runs late in the game so Greg & his brother put their rally caps on.  I had never heard of this before but it seemed to work.  Braydon's team made a couple of runs and in the last inning they were down by one run with 2 people on bases and 2 outs.  Braydon was up and his first pitch he struck out and then he smacked the ball right over left field and got a home run winning the game.  It was so awesome to be there and see him win the game.  It was like something out of a movie, totally awesome!  We were all so proud and I think he was a little shocked.  I took a million pictures, here are a few.
 
Braydon told me he hates me taking his picture because then I show everyone and it's embarrassing so the above picture is just for you Braydon.
 Here are the spectators....
 
 
After Braydon's game we went over to watch Tyler's.  His team is really good.  They made it all the way to the end of the tournament and only lost the last game.
After watching baseball we went swimming, while I watched and took pictures.

 
After swimming Greg went to his brothers and I stayed to basically watch Sharlee make candies.  She is awesome at it and they are delicious.  It was so cool to see how it was done, a lot of work goes into it but it is easier then I thought it would be.

Sunday we got to watch more of the baseball games.  I got some great pictures of Tyler pitching and Ashton being the bat boy.
 
And some more of the spectators.  Jayse loved to play with Cody.  He kept acting like he was asleep and laying on him.  It was so great to see them play with their cousins.  This post is getting long but we always get to do so much when we go to OR.
 
 
 
After the games we went back to the house and hung out.  The boys introduced Cody to a game called Ont, my sister in law explains it well on her blog but that is private so I'm copying what she put....ONT, is basically a game of rebounding with no fouls called, the more pushing & shoving the better the game.  Greg won 2 of 3 games.  Woo Hoo go Greg.  Oh I also forgot to mention he won the swimming races.  He'd want me to mention that since he was bragging about it all weekend.
 After all the excitement we took a family picture.
Monday we had to head home.  It seemed like a long drive home.  The first thing the twins did when we got home was run to the back and jump on the trampoline.  I think they needed to get some energy out and stretch.
We had a great time and can't wait to go back in September for our traditional Labor day weekend trip.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love all the pictures. The ones of Cody & Jayce crack me up!

    ReplyDelete