Sunday, February 5, 2012

School for Jayse

We have been going through screenings with the elementary school to see if Jayse qualifies for speech/early preschool with the school.  The last part of the process was for him to go to the preschool for an observation.  I took him on his first day.  I did his hair and I think the only thing he was thinking about was trying to not mess it up.  As you can see from the pictures he's holding his hand above it the whole time.  When we got the school he clung to me for a minute and then I walked him over to a huge toy tool box.  He started playing with that and forgot all about me. 



We met with the school this week and they decided after all the screening and observations that he did not need early preschool, they said he was actually ahead of kids his age in some cases but he does need some speech therapy.  He will be going to the school once a week for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment